How do I enable SSL on my HP switch?
How do I enable SSL on my HP switch?
Tutorial HP Switch – Enable HTTPS
- Open a browser software, enter the IP address of your Switch and access the HP Switch web interface.
- On the Service configuration screen, you will have to: • Select the option Enable HTTPS service.
- To remote access the switch using HTTPS, you will have to open a browser software.
How do I turn on https on Aruba switch?
- Connect to the switch via CLI.
- To enable SSH, enter the following commands: console>enable. console#config.
- To disable telnet, enter: console(config)#no ip telnet server.
- To enable HTTPS, enter the following commands” console(config)# console(config)#crypto certificate 1 generate key-generate.
How do I register a self signed certificate?
To generate a self-signed certificate for the Smart device server:
- From a command line, navigate to: [OpenSSL installation directory]\bin.
- Use the command: openssl req -x509 -nodes -days 365 -newkey rsa:2048 -keyout privateKey.key -out ca.pem.
- 3.At the prompts, enter all requested information.
How do I install my Aruba controller certificate?
Obtaining a Server Certificate
- Generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) on the controller using either the WebUI or CLI.
- Submit the CSR to a CA. Copy and paste the output of the CSR into an email and send it to the CA of your choice.
- The CA returns a signed server certificate and the CA’s certificate and public key.
How do I turn off HTTP on Aruba switch?
To activate the second key, use (config)#ip https certificate 2.
- To disable HTTP, enter: console(config)# no ip http server.
- After verifying connectivity via SSH or HTTPS, save the configuration by entering: console#copy running-config startup-config.
How do I create an online SSL certificate?
How to Get an SSL Certificate: Summary
- Ensure you have the correct website information.
- Decide the type of SSL certificate you need.
- Choose a Certificate Authority (CA)
- Generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR)
- Submit the CSR to a Certificate Authority (CA)
- Await validation by the CA.
- Install your SSL certificate.
How do I create a valid SSL certificate?
To become a certificate authority and sign a self-signed certificate you have to perform the following steps:
- Generate a private key for the CA.
- Generate a root certificate.
- Create a private key for the certificate.
- Create a certificate signing request.
- Create a certificate and sign it with the CA private key.
How do I change my captive portal certificate in Aruba?
To select a certificate for captive portal using the WebUI:
- In the Mobility Master node hierarchy, navigate to the Configuration > System > More > General accordion.
- Under Captive Portal Certificate, select the name of the imported certificate from the drop-down list.
- Click Submit.
- Click Pending Changes.
How do I create an instant captive portal certificate?
For Certificate Type, choose Captive Portal Server….Using a text editor, Copy and paste the contents of the three files in this order into a blank text editor page:
- The server certificate that the CA gave you.
- The intermediate and CA cert file the CA gave you (the root bundle).
- The contents of the privatekey. key file.
How do I disable telnet on HP Procurve Switch?
- [no] telnet-server. [listen | ]
- Use the noversion of the command to disable inbound Telnet access.
- The listenparameter is available only on switches that have a separate out-of-band management port.
- HP Switch(config)# no telnet-server.
- HP Switch(config)# telnet-server.
How do I enable telnet on an HP switch?
To begin a Telnet session to the switch console:
- Click the Configuration tab.
- Click Device View.
- Click telnet session to the switch console to open a telnet window displaying the switch’s CLI.
Can I get SSL certificate for free?
SSL For Free is a nonprofit certificate authority, and it works on all major browsers. Similar to Let’s Encrypt and other SSL certificate authorities, SSL For Free offers certificates that are valid for three months at a time. Price: Always free for three months at a time.